Friday, May 13, 2016

A Writers Retreat Here? You bet!!!

Dear Joan, This seems like a good time to introduce myself. 

I currently live in Calgary and write mystery-thriller novels & children's books under a different pen name. My connection to the area is that I grew up in Atikokan and that area is where my heart remains. I have lived in BC and Alberta, where I retired from a career in policing in 2011.

 Things have come full-circle with my recent purchase of lakefront property near Atikokan. With the help of a Thunder Bay librarian friend and her contractor husband, we're working on it this summer to turn it into a small writer's retreat where I hope to live year round. 

The footings for the sauna/writer solarium are in and the structure should take a few weeks. We hope to get the guest cabins built this summer so we can try our first retreat next year.    

I am so looking forward to getting reconnected to the area.

Makenzi Fisk

No comments:

Post a Comment